This is a starting guide that shows how to create a form handler that will send you email notification every time a user submits your form.
1. Login to Form-Data
Start by signing up or logging into https://app.form-data.com
2. Create a form
Click the New Form button in your forms page
3. Name your form
Choose a meaningful name for your form. Only you will see this name. Don't forget to save using the green-check button
4. Verify email field
If you ask your users to enter their email in the form, then make sure that the email field name matches the _name_ of the email input element in your html. For example, if your html has this input
<input type="email" name="user_email" />
then you'll have to change the email field name to user_email (case sensitive!)
5. Set redirect URL
Set the URL of the thank you page, where you want your users to be redirected after they submit the form.
If you're using AJAX and not POST you should leave this blank.
Sometimes you want the data that the user submitted to be added as query params to this URL. This is useful, for example, if you'd like to show a personalized message to the user, such as Thank you, _Jane_, we have received your submission
Getting started - setting up a form handler — Figure 16
6. Set up email notifications
- Switch to the email tab
- Enable email notifications
- Enter the email address to which you want notifications to be sent. You can enter multiple addresses separated by comma or new line.
- Fill the rest of the fields if you want
- Go to the Deploy menu
- Copy the form's URL
- On your website, set your HTML's form _action_ to the URL that you copied, and make the _method_ is set to _post_. If you're using AJAX you can use the example provided as a reference.
Now everything is set, time to test. Open your website, fill in your form and submit. You should be directed to the URL you've provided in step 5. Check your email and make sure that you've got the email notifications